Adult Swim and Cartoon Network always put on a great show at Comic-Con, and this year sounds like it won’t break that streak.
What is Adult Swim bringing to the con this year?
Adult Swim’s biggest draw every year is their off-site activities. They’ll be returning to the lot across the bridge from the convention center for “Adult Swim on the Green,” featuring a ton of stuff to do from 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM on Thursday through Saturday, 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM on Sunday:
- Carnival Midway: Free carnival games for prizes! Thursday – Saturday, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM / Sunday 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Meatwad Full Dome Experience: A 360° video experience projected on the inside of Meatwad’s head-dome-thing. Thursday – Saturday, 9:30 AM – 7:00 PM / Sunday, 9:30 AM – 5:00 P
- Live Streaming Events: Seating will be available for FishCenter Live on Thursday and Friday at 1:00 PM, and Toonami Pre-Flight on Saturday at 1:00 PM. Tickets will be given away at 9:30 AM each morning.
Additionally, we’ve got some Nighttime Screenings on the schedule. You’ll need to line up in advance for these, as seating is limited. Lines will begin forming at 7:00 PM each night.
- Adult Swim Presents: Things You’ve Never / Rarely Seen – Thursday, 8:30 PM
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Preview – Friday, 8:30 PM
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Forever & Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell Screening – Saturday, 8:30 PM
Finally, there will be a candlelight vigil (seriously) on Saturday to honor the end of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. In lieu of flowers, Adult Swim asks that you bring fan art as tribute. The “crying” beings at 9:30 PM (although the line forms at 7:00 PM). Candles and tissues will be provided.
Do note! You must RSVP this year if you want in on any of the off-site activities, so don’t delay on that!
And how about a booth?
This year, the Adult Swim booth will feature something called the “Feline Fun Hole Slide Mouth,” which sounds like a fancy way of saying a beanbag toss where you can win some free swag.
The booth will also be hosting autograph signings, although you’ll need to show up the morning of to get a ticket in advance:
- Mike Tyson Mysteries: Friday, 5:15 PM – Warner Bros. Booth
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell: Saturday, 1:00 PM – Adult Swim Booth
- Rick and Morty: Saturday, 2:30 PM – Adult Swim Booth
- Robot Chicken: Saturday, 4:00 PM – Adult Swim Booth
- Children’s Hospital: Sunday, 12:00 Noon – Warner Bros. Booth
What about panels?
Panel-wise, the network has a pretty packed line-up.
- On Friday, July 10 at 10:00 AM, Cartoon Network will put on a “Fandemonium Panel,” featuring four back-to-back panels for Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe. Rebecca Sugar, Zach Callison, Jeremy Shada, John DiMaggio, Olivia Olson, and a bunch more voice actors and creatives will attend. These panels will be moderated by Bobby Moynihan (who has his own Cartoon Network series coming up, We Bare Bears).
- If you want to watch full episodes, they’ve got those too, with a new episode of Adventure Time and the premiere of We Bare Bears on Thursday at 8:00 PM, and a new episode of Clarence on Friday at 8:00 as well.
After that Fandemonium Panel, things shift into Adult Swim mode:
- At 12:15 on Friday, the cast and crew of Aqua Teen Hunger Force will give the show a proper send-off before its final season later this summer. They’ll share the stage with Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell, another Adult Swim series heading into its second season.
- At 1:15, it’s Rick and Morty, with Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, and members of the cast showing off a sneak peak at the upcoming second season.
- At 2:15, it’s a look at the next season of Mike Tyson Mysteries; and yes, Mike Tyson himself will be in attendance!
- At 3:15, Cartoon Network will cap off its day with a Robot Chicken panel. Seth Green and his crew will be joined by DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns, who will debut an early look at the third Robot Chicken DC Comics Special.
- Finally on Sunday at 1:00, we’ll get a Children’s Hospital‘s Q&A with Rob Corddry and members of the cast.
Comic-Con 2015 begins next week. We hope to see you there!