Which Disney worlds will we be visiting in Kingdom Hearts III?
We’ll be using this page to keep track of all of the confirmed worlds that the game will feature (as well as any rumors of ones that they might be working on).
Update! Big Hero 6 was confirmed at D23 Expo.
San Fransokyo – Big Hero 6
- At D23 Expo 2015, Disney revealed that San Fransokyo will be one of the game’s explorable worlds.
- The story will take place after the events of the film.
- The world will feature a fight against an “evil” Baymax that returns from beyond the portal.
- This world will likely be called the Kingdom of Corona, where the Tangled movie takes place.
Olympus – Hercules
- Clearing all of the missions in Olympus will unlock the Pegasus keyblade transformation.
- Sqaure Enix has confirmed that the city location in the trailers is in fact Twilight Town.
Land of Departure
- A scene in one of the trailers looks a lot like the hub world from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, but this has not been confirmed yet.
- Square Enix has stated that they’ve explored the possibility of including Star Wars or Marvel properties in the game (they were not a part of Disney when Kingdom Hearts II was released).
- Tetsuya Nomura said, “Whenever I hear of [an acquisition], I always say, ‘woah…they’ve done it again.’ The first thing I do when I find out this news is contact Disney and see if it’s something I can use [in Kingdom Hearts].”
- KH3 co-director Tai Yasue later added that the team is, “looking at all of Disney, the new ones as well,” including Star Wars and Marvel.
- At Sydney Oz Comic Con in 2014, Bill Farmer (the voice of Goofy) hinted that Frozen might be included.