It’s the holidays, so like it or not, you’re going to be inundated with tons of crappy songs about reindeer and jolly old Saint Nick and how Christmas isn’t really about presents. Some of them might tug at your heart, but more will just annoy the piss out of you. But… it doesn’t all suck, so here’s a quick list to help you get through it all. Happy Festivus!
1. King Diamond, “No Presents for Christmas”
A mischievous heavy metal classic!
2. William S Burroughs and Kurt Cobain, “The ‘Priest’ They Called Him”
For some perspective always go Beat.
3. The Kinks, “Father Christmas”
Such a fun little number!
4. Johnny Preston, “I Want a Rock and Roll Guitar”
The cool cousin to that little brat singing “I Want a Hippopotomus for Christmas”.
5. BR549, “Daddy’s Drinking Up Our Christmas”
A rerecorded classic!
6. Alan Jackson, “Please Daddy (Don’t Get Drunk this Christmas)
Posted this one last year – Dad’s getting drunk is as Christmas as mistletoe.
7. Afroman, “Afroman is Coming To Town”
Afroman lightens up any family gathering!
8. Chuck Berry, “Run Run Rudolph”
Yuletide cheer from the master!
9. Robert Earl Keene, “Merry Christmas from the Family”
Posted this one last year too. Fucking perfect for my family.
10. The Ramones, “Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight)”
….and the greatest Christmas song ever recorded!
Happy holidays everyone!