Community Post: This article was submitted by a member of our community. Find out how you can publish your own writing here!
No holiday is complete without the proper music. Christmas has Bing Crosby and his silver balls and mistletoe. Independence Day has John Phillips Sousa, and Valentines Day has Lionel Richie. But Halloween, with it’s songs about dancing monsters and stuff like that is the king of ‘em all, y’all. So let’s dig a little deeper. Let’s get into some really eerie shit. Here’s ten of the creepiest songs I could find!
10. “Exorcism” by Tommy Scott and Scotty Lee
9. “Halloween in Harlem” by Sun Ra Arkestra
8. “The Rahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unomH5Acs2ogtime Goblin Man” by Arthur Collins
7. “The Witch” by The Sonics
Pacific northwest greatness from some recently reunited garage heroes!
6. “It’s Halloween” by The Shaggs
Pur-o outsider greatness!!
5. “Pet Semetary” by The Ramones
4. “Patches the Clown” by Deadbolt
Everyone’s scared of clowns these days. Here’s the drunken tale of one of the scariest.
3. “The Lurch” by Ted Cassidy
The other classic scary song to emerge from The Addams Family!!
2. “Carry Me Back to Transylvania” by Gene Moss and the Monsters
Lotsa creepy fun!!
1. “Death Letter” by Son House
Made famous by The White Stripes, this classic tale of love and death will eat at you.
Community Post: This article was submitted by a member of our community. The views expressed are the opinions of the designated author, and do not reflect the opinions of the Overmental as a whole or any other individual. We will gladly cooperate in the removal of plagiarism or any copyright infringement. Please contact us here.